Homeopathy for heartburn during pregnancy
Heart burn is burning sensation in the centre of chest. It actually has nothing to do with heart. It may get severe during the second (4 – 6 months) and third (7 – 9 months) trimester of pregnancy.
Heartburn is also called acid indigestion, is an irritation or burning sensation of the esophagus caused by stomach contents that reflux (come back up) from the stomach.
Heartburn in pregnancy may occur because changing levels of female hormones during pregnancy which can affect the muscles of digestive tract. Pregnancy hormones can cause the lower sphincter ( the muscular valve between the stomach and esophagus) to relax the allowing stomach acids to splash back up in to the esophagus. In addition, the enlarged uterus can crowd the abdomen, pushing stomach acids upward.
Bloating of abdomen
Feeling of fullness after normal meal.
- Eat smaller meals more often rather than three larger meals
- Eat yogurt (curd) or drink a glass of water.
- Sit up straight when you are eating.
- Sleep well propped up, raising the head side of your bed.
- Don’t eat foods that cause trouble.
- Avoid fried, spicy, or rich foods.
- Don’t drink much while eating.
- Don’t eat or drink for a few hours before going to sleep.
- Don’t lie immediately after eating.